Canon PRO-200 on its way...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
NAwlins Contrarian Veteran Member • Posts: 5,613
Great! Now, questions ...

I've just heard* that a PRO-200 is being sent out for one of my reviews.

Whohoo!

If anyone has any specific questions, please do let me know?

IMO the most interesting question is how the supposedly-new black and magenta inks really compare. Supposedly compared to the longstanding ChromaLife 100+ inks in the Pro-100 and many other printers, the black ink produces darker blacks and the magenta expands the gamut. Can either or both of those be detected visually? With measurements associated with profiling or otherwise? Is the new black equally neutral, more so, less so? If you want, I would print you Pro-100 test / comparison prints on (U.S.) standard letter-size (8.5x11 in) Canon papers and mail them to you (PM me if interested).

Of course, another question is whether / how these new inks affect fade resistance. But that's more Mark McCormick's area.

Another question is whether there area any print quality or head-strike issues with printing on stiff and thick 'art' papers nearer the top and bottom than the 30mm that the Pro-100 allows.

Thanks!

NAwlins Contrarian's gear list:NAwlins Contrarian's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S30 Canon PowerShot S120 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow