Safari constantly reloads certain sites

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
PSGimages
PSGimages Senior Member • Posts: 2,439
Re: Safari constantly reloads certain sites

Michael Dbn wrote:

lightandaprayer wrote:

Apple has done an excellent job wrecking Safari so I quit using it shortly after the v.13 "upgrade" which disabled all of the privacy extensions I had been using for years.

I have been using Brave for almost a year now and I prefer it to Firefox mainly because IMO Brave is more user-friendly. Brave is compatible with Chrome extensions. I currently have 8 installed, most of which are designed to increase Internet privacy and security.

When I ran the new EFF Cover Your Tracks tracking and fingerprinting test my current configuration of Brave was rated at "strongly protected" against Internet tracking.

Apple seems to be in the process of wrecking everything. iPhoto met most of my needs, which are not met by any other programme I have looked at, but it’s replacement Photos is utterly vile. The iPhone interface is no longer fully internally consistent and sometimes so small that it is hard to read and use (designed solely with 20-30 year olds in mind). My 2020 iMac gives me the annoying spinning ball for simple tasks and at least as as often as my 2009 one, etc

I may have to consider a third party browser.

Michael

Lightandaprayer, thanks for the "cover your tracks" link. That's the most thorough one I've seen like that.

I'm using both Safari and Brave and they both work really well... but I'm on Catalina and Safari 14.01.  Brave used to give me some headaches where it would slow to a crawl and think it had to do with having a Thunderbolt hard-wired ethernet connection (via a dock) and wifi active at the same time. Restarting Brave always solved it.  I haven't seen that issue of late.

You really can't go wrong with Brave, though your issues with Safari sound like a unicorn problem, not something typical of Safari.

PSGimages's gear list:PSGimages's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow