Camera manufacturers are still missing the point...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Yannis1976
Yannis1976 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,329
Camera manufacturers are still missing the point...

... and focus on improving the technical capabilities of their cameras such as the sensor and the AF performance. However, I believe we have already reached a quite good level of sensor and AF technology and focus should be heavily shifted in the processor using these technologies.

So I still find it difficult to accept why companies such as Fuji, Nikon or Canon haven't implemented yet functions such as in camera focus stacking (whereas Olympus M1 from 2013 has it!!),  HDR (at least not in models past XT3) or night modes similar to the ones found in mobile phones. Its even more impressive when you think that older models used to have some of these features (although in a very basic mode)!!

Personally I would even implement the "pseudo" blur effect seen in portrait mode of the recent iphones!

Then the other thing that they need to improve is the interaction with the phone and the social media. Connecting the phone with the camera and exchanging data should be the easiest thing to do for someone buying a camera. In reality, it happens the opposite and at least for the last 10 years we haven't seen any big development in this area.

What do you think?

Yannis1976's gear list:Yannis1976's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Canon G5 X II Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow