Low light performance

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP MonkeyClaw Junior Member • Posts: 48
Re: Low light performance

ericbowles wrote:

MonkeyClaw wrote:

Okay, so this is my last question before I finally order either the X-T4 or the a7iii...

The Fuji ticks pretty much every box and I am only still considering the Sony because it is FF for the same price. I get that the IQ is intrinsically better with a bigger sensor but I keep hearing about the associated great low light performance from the Sony.

Am I right in thinking this translates to not having to use such high ISO when shooting in low light? So on the Fuji I would need to shoot higher ISO for a similar result?

But if the Fuji has better IBIS surely I can shoot same ISO as the Sony but a slower shutter speed? Obviously that's not possible with a moving subject.

Hmm...

Photography is complicated.

Just a question - why is high ISO performance such a big deal for you when you are considering choosing an APS-C camera. You are giving up at least 1.25 stops in ISO performance by using a crop sensor. Among the APS-C cameras, they are all pretty close together and ISO noise would not have a meaningful difference. Full frame cameras are all going to be pretty close to the same whether you choose Sony, Nikon, or Canon.

I am not sure if it is a big deal to me - that's what I have been trying to figure out.

It's moot now anyway as I have ordered the a7iii

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow