Epson P900 - New Print Quality Settings

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Keith Cooper
Keith Cooper Senior Member • Posts: 2,701
Re: Epson P900/P700 profiles

Jamil Abbasy wrote:

I made some custom profiles for Epson Ultra Premium Luster and and Archival / Enhanced Matte with my ColorMunki device. The prints look better and are more saturated overall especially in the blues and pinks. This better matches the profiled screen when soft proofing in Lightroom.

Is anyone else finding that the stock Epson profiles are a bit lacking in the saturation of colors?

In general I found the ones I tried quite good - but didn't try those two papers with Epson profiles

These are the profiles I created (~3k patches i1Profiler) for my P700/900 testing

Epson papers

• PGPP
  • Premium Luster
  • TPP
  • Hot Press Bright
  • Cold Press Natural

Along with

• Canson Rag Photographique
  • Olmec Photo matte archival 230  (very EAM like)
  • Hahnemuhle Smooth Fine Art 265
  • Pinnacle Lustre 300
  • Pinnacle Baryta 310

They are available on request- free for non commercial use. The last two are papers from my local supplier here in Leicester (Paper Spectrum). The Pinnacle Baryta 310 is, shall we say ... very close to the old Ilford Gold Silk paper. It's been my choice for years for B&W prints. I have a 17" roll of it at the moment on the P5000

The Hahnemuhle 265 is actually a discontinued HP branded paper which I came by many A3+ boxes* of years ago. It's a little light for my general use, but I use it as a 'custom paper' when testing printer custom set-ups - Of less use have been the A3+ 210 Watercolour, 240 Aquarella Art, and 380 Artist Matte Canvas

*Several large boxes of A3+ sample packs to be precise

-- hide signature --

bye for now
Keith Cooper

Keith Cooper's gear list:Keith Cooper's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow