Focus peaking: Olympus & Panasonic

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Henry Richardson Forum Pro • Posts: 18,642
Focus peaking: Olympus & Panasonic

Today for the first time I decided to try focus peaking. I have a couple of old and very nice 1970s manual focus lenses that have just been sitting in a drawer. Several years ago I bought cheap m4/3 adaptors for them, but I had not really made much use of them. Back then I used magnify view to focus and although you could get very good focus that way I found it rather slow and tedious while handholding. Today I decided to try focus peaking using my E-M10II and GX7II (GX85).

With the E-M10II I found that it is very easy to focus with focus peaking when I set Highlight Intensity to High. You can clearly see the focus peaking indicators. I am disappointed that my GX7II is not nearly as good because the focus peaking indicators only appear on the most contrasty edges whereas the Olympus ones show up in more places which allowed focusing on things that were somewhat less contrasty. On the GX7II setting Detect Level to Low or High didn't seem to matter.

Maybe I have missed a GX7II setting that will make focus peaking better? Anyone have any hints?

I was frankly surprised how easy it was to manual focus using the E-M10II. When I got the 15-20 photos I took on my computer I saw that they were all well focused.

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson
http://www.bakubo.com

Olympus OM-D E-M10 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow