Leica D-Lux 7 - scarcity of information.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
purpwaltz
purpwaltz Regular Member • Posts: 409
Re: Leica D-Lux 7 - scarcity of information.

Bob wrote:

The Leica D L 7 is intriguing. But it's hard to find real hands-on reviews - especially ones which compare it to its Panasonic counterpart. DPR doesn't have a full review of the Leica. Neither does Imaging-Resources.

Do any of you DPR members actually own one of these? What's your impression?

I have the D-Lux7. My primary reason for buying it is as my primary "walkabout" camera during my Himalayan treks. For this application I wanted a camera that I could carry all day in challenging terrain which gives excellent image quality and has a zoom range that I find useful. The D-Lux7 fit the bill in terms of specs. (For more "serious" landscape work I will use a Fujifilm X-T3 with different lenses, filters and tripod which will be carried by porters.)

While I have not yet had an opportunity to test the D-Lux7 for a trek (given the Covid monster), I have used it quite a bit during my morning walks/runs within the community that I live in. My initial impressions are very positive. While the D-Lux7 is a good sight bigger than my Sony RX100m3 which I also have, its usability is excellent compared to the Sony compact. I can easily see the D-Lux7 being the camera that will be slung round my neck all day during a trek, and be able to handle most of what is thrown at me photographically from a documentary perspective.

I am attaching some images that hopefully illustrate the picture quality that one can expect from this camera.

Good luck!

Mahesh

-- hide signature --

"My first thought is always of light" -- Galen Rowell

purpwaltz's gear list:purpwaltz's gear list
Sony RX100 III Leica Q Leica D-Lux 7 Leica M Typ 240 Fujifilm X-T3 +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow