Difficult Questions for Top Experts Only!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Astrozoid
Astrozoid Contributing Member • Posts: 846
Difficult Questions for Top Experts Only!

I have tremendous respect for the world-leading experts here on DPReview. So I would like to pose some difficult questions:

I know how you know what you know: facts, experience, study, mistakes, math, understanding facts in the context of theory, etc.

What I want to ask is: How do you know what you don't know?

Aside from the incompatibility of general relativity and quantum mechanics, the measurement problem, the nature of dark matter and dark energy, non-locality, the nature of consciousness, the question of free will and scientific determinism, and Gödel's incompleteness theorem, I ask the following questions, assuming no one knows everything, even about a single subject:

What specific technical concepts do you not know about photography?

What specific technical concepts do you not understand about photography?

How good of an automobile driver do you "think" you are, compared to how good you really are?

What percent of your thinking is wrong because of confirmation bias?

I know, who can tell. Just make a wild guess!

This is supposed to be between friends over a beer in a bar. I'm not challenging your manhood.

Anyone who answers: "Well, none of MY thinking is affected by confirmation bias because everything I know is based on facts" will be disqualified.

Jerry

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow