Best NR software for High ISO on R5

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
RDM5546
RDM5546 Senior Member • Posts: 2,453
Re: Another PL4 DeepPrime vs Topaz DeNoise AI comparison

ProDude wrote:

BirdShooter7 wrote:

poppyjk wrote:

Here is the same ISO 51200 90%cropped photo comparing 1) straight raw to jpg conversion no corrections; 2) Topaz DeNoise AI Low Light Mode Auto on converted jpg no other corrections; 3) PL4 Prime at default on raw file no other corrections; 4) PL4 DeepPrime at default on raw file no other corrections.

DeepPrime is far the superior in this comparison. Notice on the Prime example that noise grain and color noise remain that are virtually eliminated with DeepPrime. It is worth noting that since DeepPrime uses the GPU, processing time is about 20% of the CPU intensive Prime processing time.

straight raw to jpg conversion no corrections

Topaz DeNoise AI Low Light Mode Auto on converted jpg no other corrections;

PL4 Prime at default on raw file no other corrections

PL4 DeepPrime at default on raw file no other corrections

Pretty impressive, thanks for sharing, I wish it worked with jpgs

There ya go. None of that splotchy color junk which most all other NR programs leave behind including Topaz. You just can't beat Deep Prime

I have been thinking Topaz Denoise has been passed by  DeepPrime but after reading the lovefest for DeepPrime forming on this thread I thinking that others are believing this too!!  At least for now Topaz does update their software frequently (like weekly) so there is no telling what these AI software packages will learn their way into and what exactly the can do in six months.   Next year will be the year of the great AI software emergence.

In lots of my action shots I have had to resort to extreme cropping that leaves me short of pixles.  The Topax AI Gigapixel software does more than simple interpolation but does some kind of AI noise processing too.  It is worth a look if you have not thought to use it before. It is has automatic options to start you off if you wish and special enhancements for face refinement and automatic reduction of color bleed that has worked well for me both on humans playing sports and wildlife images.

RDM5546's gear list:RDM5546's gear list
Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM Canon G5 X II Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II +43 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow