Sigma 17-50mm 2.8 on Z50

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Nikon24-7 Regular Member • Posts: 474
Re: Sigma 17-50mm 2.8 on Z50

ZapperVT wrote:

Tootsall wrote:

That is exactly the one I have. (well, the printing on the lens is the same anyway). Did you buy it second hand or new? If it came in the original box, did it have a sticker that says it was "optimized for D5300 (or something like that)" on it? If not, it may require a firmware update. If you bought it new I'd go back to the retailer and have them update it; some of the earlier ones that did not get firmware updated won't work properly on cameras newer than D5200 (at least that's where I think they had to re-firmware to work with Nikon).

This may apply:

Various lenses shipped from SIGMA before November, 2013
We have previously confirmed that some phenomena such as AF not working correctly with some lenses released or shipped from SIGMA before November, 2013, when they are used on Nikon’s digital SLR cameras incorporating the latest firmware. Under this circumstance, we will update the lens firmware free of charge. If the products do not operate on a Z7, even when they are listed above, the lens firmware update may improve the situation.

For customers who have these applicable products, please contact your nearest authorized SIGMA subsidiary / distributor for further details.

But if it were me I would return the lens.

Thank you for the information. I had a discussion with the guy l bought it from yesterday and said I wanted to return the lens as it seems to be affected by what you mention. He was informed that I should use the lens on a Z50 with adapter. The seller is refusing to take the lens back and I'm stuck with a lens that doesn't work properly. I think I have to contact a Sigma subsidiary to check what can be done with the lens. Not much money we talk about here, but a nuisance all the same. Tanks again for good help.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow