Compact wide angle lens?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
McWoodley
McWoodley Regular Member • Posts: 345
Re: Compact wide angle lens?

Compact?  While I don’t own it the 16 2.8 smallest WA with the 15-45 about the same

How wide, how fast and what do try plan to use it for?

The Rok 12 isn’t what I would call compact but it’s not huge.  Great for Astroscapes and some landscapes.  Obviously no AF but not a huge deal with such a wide  lens.

The 10-24 is far from compact and isn’t fast but is a great and flexible lens that can cover all kinds of situations other than residing in a pocket. I have the Mieke hand grip on my xt30 and no issues handling larger lenses

It really just depends on what FL you are waning.  The 16 2.8 seem like the obvious fit to your kit especially given your choice of primes, unless you are wanting wider or to do nightscapes.  Then the Rok 12

the 15-45 has it flaws but it’s inexpensive and works well wide open.

Outlier is the 18 1.4 coming out or even the current version if you really want compact it is practically a pancake.  Pixel peepers dis it but from most photos I have seen it had a lot of character.  Maybe a bit close to your 23 though and not really filling that WA area.

McWoodley's gear list:McWoodley's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow