Nikon D7500- pixelated/posterised images on the back lcd

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
K Mcgregor Contributing Member • Posts: 840
Nikon D7500- pixelated/posterised images on the back lcd

I'm having a weird problem with my Nikon D7500. On the back lcd, photos look weirdly posterised and pixellated, as if they are being saved with a reduced amount of colours, like a low quality gif.

As well as generally looking terrible, it gets in the way of my telling whether or not things are sharp or not, especially at night, because it turns everything into a blocky mess.

The camera is only two years old, has never had a single accident or been out in the rain, and is obnoxiously just out of warranty. Thankfully I think that I have an insurance policy that will cover it (not 100% sure) if it needs repairs.

I always use it on manual mode, and it's also had several changes of battery since the problem started.

Anyone had this problem before? Tips on things to try?

K Mcgregor's gear list:K Mcgregor's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-520 Nikon D7500 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +4 more
Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow