Shooting while skiing

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dmokn Regular Member • Posts: 107
Shooting while skiing

Anyone had good luck shooting on the slopes? I have an old GX7, which I find to be winter-jacket pocketable but not weatherproof to inspire confidence or have the battery last in the cold. I more recently got a G85, which I think would function a lot better handling-wise , AF-wise, and for stabilized video, but I don't really want to have to take my backpack off (in the backcountry) every time I want to get a shot or have to carry it "naked" when riding the lifts with my kids. I also have an old "tough" P&S which I've enjoyed being able to grab out of my pants pocket, but the image/video quality isn't as good as m43.

Thinking about this winter, I guess I've narrowed it down to finding the best way to carry my G85 (and 12-60 or 12-32) or maybe picking up a used and older-model RX100 to throw in my pocket. Thoughts on different carrying options like holsters, etc.? Other considerations?

Thanks in advance. Picture for attention:

dmokn's gear list:dmokn's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +3 more
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow