Bought a new Z6 and I am struggling. Please Help.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
coolguy4747
coolguy4747 Forum Member • Posts: 63
Re: Bought a new Z6 and I am struggling. Please Help.

whatamIdoingwrong wrote:

I do know what the A/S/P modes are and I know how to adjust with my old camera and have read about them all a fair amount. I just really was trusting the camera. Mostly because as I mentioned in the start of this whole thing I want my wife to be able to pick it up and use it and she doesn't know what all the settings are/mean/ nor does she want to learn. So that's the hinge pin here. If it was just a matter of fine tuning every photo I would have just stuck with my old D300 that I love, but she doesn't like because she can't use it reliably.

I am going to take a lot more photos tonight and next couple days and hopefully hone in on some basic setting that will allow her to pick it up and run. Hopefully that all makes sense and I once again appreciate the comments here.

You say you were trusting the camera, but you were not. You set it to 1/8000, which is a huge limit to place on the camera, and watched it struggle. You would get better results by setting it to fully automatic mode (aka trusting the camera). Just to be clear that this was not the fault of the camera's judgment.

coolguy4747's gear list:coolguy4747's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T4 Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow