* The Weekly Image Thread 20 11 30 #504 *

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
WhyNot
WhyNot Veteran Member • Posts: 9,918
Re: "Test and Wow" 100-400

With BIF with the EVF I often have a hard enough time finding the bird with a 300mm lens, again too little practice. …. My problem with aperture is that where I live as it warms up I'm shooting mostly in open to deep shade where f/13 is a disadvantage and I find the sharpness with these long lenses, at my age, is directly proportional to shutter speed even with stabilization, of whatever nature, other than tripod, so I like to be at 1/800 or faster most of the time but can rarely get there in any shade with decent DOF. ... Strangely, I usually keep my ISO during the day at 1600 and below whereas at night I have no problem shooting a 6400 and sometimes above. ... BTW I still have that 70-300 which is mostly retired but it is as good as the P100-300 on the M1 but is bigger and heavier .. OTOH it does focus very close and in that way is extremely versatile .. so I occasionally take it out of retirement ...

WhyNot

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow