Which beginner camera should I buy when I a already have some lens and equipment

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pol_atomic New Member • Posts: 2
Which beginner camera should I buy when I a already have some lens and equipment

Hello, this is my first post into this forum and I am a complete beginner, please excuse me If I say some nonsense.

My grandfather was fond of photography. For several years he spent the weekends taking photos, editing them and showing them to us. As he was getting old his activity on photography decreased and last year he passed away.

He gave to me his photographic equipment. I have always had some curiosity on this world and since I studied physics I studied some of the basic principles of optics at the university. Now, after one year I feel like I would like to enter the photography world.

My grandfather gave me some cameras and lens and I would like to use them to start learning. I have checked the camera models and lens on the internet (remember, I am a complete beginner) and I think that the cameras are a little old but I could use the lens. It is for this reason that I am thinking in buying a "modern" camera to start my journey.

The cameras that I have are:

- Sony DSLR-A350

- Nikon DSLR-D80

- Sony DSC-HX100V

- Sony HDR-HC7E

The lenses:

- AF Nikkor 20-35mm 1:2.8D

-AD Nikkor 35mm 1:2D

- AF Nikkor 50mm 1:1.4D

- AF Nikkor 35-80mm 1:4-5.6D

- Sigma 15-30/3.5 EX DG ASF SA

- Sigma 70:200 1:2.8D

Where would you recommend me to start? Do you think that it is a good idea to buy a "modern" camera and use the equipment? And if this is the case, which one you think could be good for a beginner as me?

Thank you very much for your time!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D80 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sony Alpha DSLR-A350 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow