X-H1 Eyecup replacement suggestions

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Joe Brush
Joe Brush Senior Member • Posts: 1,326
Re: X-H1 Eyecup replacement suggestions

yayatosorus wrote:

Joe Brush wrote:

I've had similar issues with the stock XH1 eyecup - Too flimsy and easily caught on bags, jackets etc. I got tired of taking it apart with those tiny little screws and rebuilding it only for it to fall apart again. I did buy the JJC version to replace it but that was no better if I'm honest. I eventually bit the bullet and bought an official round Fuji eyecup for the Gfx cameras - way better! It's remained firmly attached to the XH1 and I actually much prefer it over the original.

Regards,

Joe,

Thanks for the reply! Just a quick question: Can you take out the hotshoe cover off with the GFX eyecup mlunted on? From the images I've seen it doesn't seem so.

Ahh yes, that's the only issue I've found with it - It slightly obstructs the hot shoe cover. It's simple enough to be pushed off using 2 thumbs and replaced once the flash is mounted and it's robust enough not to be affected by multiple removals/replacements. On the XH1, it doesn't hinder the tilting screen at all.

Regards,

Joe.

Joe Brush's gear list:Joe Brush's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow