* The Weekly Image Thread 20 11 30 #504 *

Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
WhyNot
WhyNot Veteran Member • Posts: 9,941
Re: "Test and Wow" 100-400

I like the pictures you got especially those early ones with the O12-45mm lens. The 100-400 pictures with the TC2.0 do look good on my screen. … I have the P100-300mm lens and not sure giving up that lens and $1500 is worth that extra 100mm at the end … My main concern when I first saw this lens was the f/6.3 at the long end which would force up the ISO to high levels .. However, I recently read Thomas Stirr's article HERE about using this lens with the MC2.0 and that got me interested in the lens again … My bird photography is usually in the yard this time of year when the leaves are gone and and sun gets in. however, my technique with small birds has been to get them comfortable enough with my presence that I can often shoot them using the old 50-200mm lens .. We don't see enough birds in the air to get enough practice with that so small birds mostly sitting ...Usually the 300mm is good enough for standing heron. . … Probably never spend the money but it is an interesting lens …

Stay Well ….

WhyNot

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow