calling all photographers

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Henry Falkner
Henry Falkner Forum Pro • Posts: 15,385
Re: calling all photographers

colin pithers wrote:

do you find your wish list forever growing

No, I don't have the space to store much new stuff. I can just carry one bag with the Olympus E-M10 kit (14-42 plus 40-150 lenses), and another bag with with the E-M10 IV (14-150 plus 75-300 lenses).

be it additional cameras tripods or all those add-ons you can buy

I bought a Olympus 14-150 lens, because it is more convenient than switching between my 14-42 and my 40-150.

I bought the Olympus E-M10 IV body, so I can shoot uninterrupted video on that with the 14-150 lens, while doing stills on the E-M10 II with the 40-150.

do you go all out and buy it or do you buy based on the amount of use it would get

The 75-300 was bought for moon shots.

It does less noise and more detail than my SH-50 and SH-1 pocket zooms with the same maximum optical zoom. It also does Sky Tower close-ups across the harbor.

Still have to use it with the Gannets In Flight at Muriwai Beach. But mostly the 75-300 just sits in the bag.

lets also take into account the price factor

Both the 14-150 and the 75-300 came at a very favorable price. The E-M10 IV body cost twice as much as the 75-300 lens, benefitting from a tax return.

Henry

-- hide signature --

Henry Falkner - E-M10 Mark II and Mark IV, SH-1, SH-50
http://www.pbase.com/hfalkner

Henry Falkner's gear list:Henry Falkner's gear list
Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus SH-50 Olympus Stylus SH-1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus OM-D E-M10 IV +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow