* The Weekly Image Thread 20 11 30 #504 *

Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
WhyNot
WhyNot Veteran Member • Posts: 9,947
Flint River Trail – Part 2 Tupelo

We continue our walk along the Big Cove Creek which empties into the Flint River. ...The water level of the Creek and the River are down at the time of this walk. I didn't show and really don't recognize the ancient beaver dam that holds water in this area and this is Mirror Lake (an oxbow lake)

I often see one of more fishermen here but not this day .. so we can walk around and look back at view that is not usually available when the water is a bit higher …

We continue on the trail ..but lose our color! ...

as we enter the tupelo forest … well maybe a grove ..

these are generally standing in water and here the creek could be better called a bog ..

I am still taken by the fact that AL gives awards for best tree .. not sure how may other states and/or countries do this ..

There was another 'Champion” tree here along the trail but it seems to have fallen as I no longer see it … One can notice that civilization is not far away …

In fact with my game this is where I would normally be standing if I had been part of a foursome out there …. Well the trail does continue for another half mile, more or less, but nothing but trail and trees are seen as we move away from the creek and reach a bridge to a more civilized – asphalt – trail …

Actually I'm looking back to the original trail but we'll continue this walk along more civilized trails in the next part. By this time I had a mental outline of what this narrative would be but didn't fill in the detail so that I got the shots that would have helped it along …. Sorry about that …

Still using the M1.2.3 with the mZD12-100mm lens …

Stay well …

WhyNot

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow