calling all photographers

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
nevada5
nevada5 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,973
No. Just the opposite.

colin pithers wrote:

do you find your wish list forever growing

Maybe it comes with age. I constantly look at what I can do do lighten my load - not regarding weight but to just simplify my photography.

Money is not an issue. Ideally I'd like to leave the house with one camera that does everything I need. But one of my needs, at times, is pocket-ability. So........ it's not really possible. Can I make it work with 2 cameras? Maybe.

I think it's a curve related to experiences (age?)  One starts out wanting more and more gear and there's a point when you don't want to continually deal with more.  Simplification becomes important.  I recognize that starting out, you may not know what you like to photograph, so experimenting with different gear for different genres comes into play.

I like to say that it's not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have. It's relative that there is always something better, newer, more capable, able to do something different, etc. That road never ends and at some point "good enough" has to be good enough.

-- hide signature --

I'll try to be nicer if you'll try to be smarter.
Life is short - drive a convertible.

nevada5's gear list:nevada5's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Canon PowerShot S120 Sony RX100 VI Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow