RX1Rii users: does the ZX1 look like an upgrade?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Digital Nigel Forum Pro • Posts: 13,175
Re: RX1Rii users: does the ZX1 look like an upgrade?

sybersitizen wrote:

Digital Nigel wrote:

tbcass wrote:

JDLaing50 wrote:

tbcass wrote:

A camera does not need to have anything in common with another camera to be an upgrade. I am defining upgrade to mean any product that is superior to another.

It’s superior.

Not having used either camera all things said the RX1Rii seems superior to me.

I think what's amazing is the sheer bulk of the ZX1. The body is larger than the A7Riv, yet it has hardly any physical controls. An A7Riv with a suitable prime lens would be superior in just about every way to the ZX1, and well as smaller and much cheaper. For example, one could use the excellent FE 24mm f/1.4 G Master lens, or dozens of other prime and zoom lenses. Indeed, for the price of the ZX1, you could probably buy the A7Riv and a couple of very good prime lenses. That would be a far superior solution.
https://camerasize.com/compare/#826,806

The use of the word superior in this discussion comes down to personal judgment. Different cameras and camera systems almost always have both pros and cons, making one superior in some ways and inferior in other ways. And two different people looking at the same factor can consider it either superior or inferior.

If you like one overall for your use case more than you like the other overall for your use case, that's the one that's superior to you. There's not much else to say about it.

True, but I struggle to think of any single area where the ZX1 is superior to existing cameras on the market.

Digital Nigel's gear list:Digital Nigel's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 III +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow