Cannot get Olympus OI.Share working with OMD-EM5 II on iPhone

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
joeletx Veteran Member • Posts: 3,380
Re: Cannot get Olympus OI.Share working with OMD-EM5 II on iPhone

M43Dirk wrote:

Hi fellow MFT lovers!

I cannot connect my OMD-EM5 II to work with Olympus OI.Share.

- The OI. Share app on my iPhone reads the QR code on the camera

- App tarts easy set-up and shows the button 'Start Setup'

- After pressing this button is it suggests a connection to the Wifi of my camera

- I agree

- After about 10 seconds the wifi connection disappears (no Wifi symbol visible anymore) and the app tells me it cannot connect to my WiFi

Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

On my S8+ Android phone, after more than probably 20 seconds, a warning message came up saying no internet connection. If I ignore (escape on Android) and dismiss the message bringing me back to the OI.Share screen, the bottom connection (E-M1 II) said "On" and is ready to roll.

Ever since I updated the new OI.Share three weeks ago, the warning "no internet connection" is gone, the WIFI range symbol disappeared and automatically came back with an exclamation mark (!) indicated WIFI connection warning; but the bottom connection symbol said "On" and is ready to go. All of this takes a little while, so may be that you did not give it enough times IMO. My new E-M1 III connected to the android phones the same way, effortless I thought.

joeletx's gear list:joeletx's gear list
Olympus E-500 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M1 III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow