Mirrorless advice needed on new Camera Sony A7III vs Canon RP as possibles

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Wanderer1971 Junior Member • Posts: 47
Mirrorless advice needed on new Camera Sony A7III vs Canon RP as possibles

Hi everyone new here but looking for some buying advice.

I'm after a new Camera for mainly landscapes and Travel photography, been reading all of the reviews and DP youtube videos. My last two cameras were an Olympus OMD EM10 (Mark1) which i got some great images with but upgraded to a Fuji X-T20 which i just didnt get along with.

So i decided to change to a new camera and was looking and ended up viewing the Full Frame of the Sony A7III and Canon RP as cameras which seemed to excel. I am not looking for a camera that does 4K video but one which will have great sharp images and a good dynamic range.

The Sony seems great but needs a lot of thought due to the high end cost of the lenses and lots of settings.

The Canon seems almost there but it doesn't seem to score as high, being able to use EF Lenses i thought would be good but with the crop factor associated you arent getting use of the pixel count. I am thinking the lower cost of the Canon might be the way to go but the one camera i have loved the sample images of is the Olympus EM5 mark III but it seems to have a slightly outdated spec or not offering as much as the other brands and the price seems high compared to Canon.

Anyway i am getting square eyes from all of the reviews and wondered if anyone has any thoughts or advice they could give. Definitely want the mirrorless route rather than an SLR.

Canon EOS RP Fujifilm X-T20 Olympus E-M5 III Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sony a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow