Does Apple's new M1 chip make it more likely for you to shoot 6K or 8K?

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 48,261
Re: Does Apple's new M1 chip make it more likely for you to shoot 6K or 8K?

Kgluong wrote:

TV manufacturing leads the rest follows. 4k and led tv is starting to phase out. 8k and oled will become affordable in the coming years just like 4k. Technology is relentless.

Yes, relentless as far as dropping the price of older but still great tech. I have no interest in 8k but it's fantastic that it's resulted in the rapid decline in the price of 4k TVs. What I find very amusing is the way some people change their opinions. A couple years ago 4k was fantastic and the future of video. Now it's old, obsolete and not good enough. That type of thinking is something I don't understand. If it was great a few years ago it's still great today. That doesn't change just because something better comes along.

When I replaced my ageing 11 year old 50" HD TV last winter with a 58" 4k model I didn't suddenly find movies and TV shows more entertaining.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow