Z 7 Catches a Snowy Owl in Flight!

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pietro13 Regular Member • Posts: 234
Z 7 Catches a Snowy Owl in Flight!

I visited a snowy owl that spends the winter on a Long Island beach.  I guess for snowy owls  a New York Beach is a warm winter get away.  After watching it for a couple of hours just sit there it finally decided to find a different location to rest.  This kind of sudden movement is the most demanding on an AF system in my opinion.  My D500 will sometimes struggle with a sudden take off shot.  Thankfully the Z 7 was up to the task as I was able to keep the AF points on my subject.  Also, I was lucky enough to have the owl circle around me to get to his new preferred location.  Here are some pics from that day.  I hope you enjoy them.

This was her hunting spot until sunrise and of course she took off away from me.

Just sleeping on a rock. (For a couple of hours)

Here we go.  Z 7 don't fail me now!

The hours of waiting definitely worth it for this shot!

Only my second ever flight shot of a snowy.

The Z 7 did wonderfully tracking this beautiful bird.

My Z 7 didn't miss a shot during this whole sequence.  Some of the shots were ruined by ugly backgrounds as this snowy picked a very busy place to spend the winter.

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon D500 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow