Canon R5 Hand-Held

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Funny Valentine
Funny Valentine Contributing Member • Posts: 906
Canon R5 Hand-Held: the pixels are much smaller.

I use both Olympus em1-3 and canon R6. The R6 is a very good handheld landscape camera. But I consider my Olympus a better landscape camera because of HHHRS and live ND.

There are many reports of shutter shock and motion blur on the R5 on this forum. The high megapixel sensors picks up a lot of motion blur. So you rarely get the actual 45 megapixels that you paid for, unless you use a very steady tripod and a remote shutter release.

So far I always use the EFCS antishock on the R6 and I can handhold with the RF 35mm f/1.8 up to 1/2s shutter speed with near to 100% keepers rate. With the Olympus at 50mm equivalent I can go up to 1 or 2 seconds with high keepers rate. The general rule is the bigger the pixel pitch dimensions are, the easiest it is to handhold. So the R6 is a better choice.

Also there are reports of R5's IBIS going crazy and not working as seen in this video: https://www.reddit.com/r/canon/comments/jwrl9c/my_new_r5_ibis_is_rattling_like_crazy_can_anyone/

It seems the IBIS in this video is not responding to the gyro sensor. So far this problem seems to be limited to the R5.

-- hide signature --

Funny Valentine's gear list:Funny Valentine's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow