Turn off color management

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Peak freak Contributing Member • Posts: 825
Turn off color management

I'll try and make my rather complicated situation, easy to understand:

I calibrate my laptop display with a Spyder 3 Pro. It saves as 'Generic PnP (plug n play) Monitor'. It does a significant correction from blue to yellow.

I bought a Dell u2415. [It displays accurately when uncalibrated.]

When using the laptop profile the u2415 is too yellow (as you would expect).

For reasons best known to datacolor, The Spyder 3 does a poor job of calibrating the u2415.

I find it is best to leave the laptop calibrated and get correct colors on that, and use the u2415 'uncalibrated'. Problem is, 'turning calibration off', is not easy

The Datacolor software has a shortcut that sometimes allows for what they call 'Spyderproof' where I can toggle between calibrated / uncalibrated effectively turning the laptop 'Generic PnP' profile off when I want to use the u2415. Except it is unreliable.

Does anyone know what Windows is reverting to in that 'uncalibrated' state? I have been through Windows Color Management, but long story short, I can't seem to get rid of the 'Generic PnP monitor' profile (i.e. make it uncalibrated) unless I delete it [but even then, the profile still shows in CM].

Is the designation 'Generic PnP Monitor' a Datacolor thing (as I assumed) or a Windows thing?  Has Datacolor simply installed its profile into an existing 'Generic PnP' profile that was formerly the 'uncalibrated' designation?

Any thing considered thanks.

ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow