Upgrading - Full Frame vs APS-C

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
emmaline1109 New Member • Posts: 1
Upgrading - Full Frame vs APS-C

Let me start by apologizing if this topic has already been well covered and is a stupid question, I am a beginner and am having trouble understanding the research I’ve found online

I am upgrading my camera from an old Canon Rebel APS-C DSLR (circa 2009). I was going to go with the Rebel T8i. However, after seeing a good deal on the Canon RP, I am considering going to a full-frame instead. I know that this model is likely above my current skill level, but I feel I can grow into it.

My question is, some RP reviewers have talked about the fact that full-frame cameras have a shallower depth of field, compared to APS-C cameras. As I want a camera primarily for landscape photography, where I do not want any bokeh effects and want the entire frame in-focus (as much as possible), should I stick with the APS-C model? Will the full-frame have inherently more blurring/out of focus areas? Or is it just a matter of adjusting the aperture to compensate on a full-frame?

Assuming similar lenses on both, as I will just use the lens kit that each comes with until I can afford new lenses. Thank you in advance for any answers or help! I am going crazy trying to figure this out online and the technical answers are beyond me.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow