Fuji Special 3 d cameras 2010

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
tonybelding Senior Member • Posts: 1,072
Re: Fuji Special 3 d cameras 2010

FrancoD wrote:

I think that this comment :

It takes a few seconds for your eyes to become accustomed to the screen and there’s a limited range of viewing angles that work. To see the full 3D effect, you must look straight at the screen and slightly de-focus your eyes while peering into the image. At its best, the sense of depth is compelling; at worst (outside of the correct angle) the image becomes blurry and you can’t tell whether shots are in focus.

well explains why it did not last.

I would have to disagree.  I have one of these, and the image displayed on the back of the camera is pretty good, but the main problems are the obvious ones:  It’s a fairly small display, and it’s pretty limiting if you can only show the photos on the back of your camera.

Fuji did also offer 3D digital viewer/frames for the home, as well as a 3D lenticular printing service, neither of which I have tried.  I’m sure the prints must have been good, but expensive.

I do know from first hand experience that the photos look stunning on a large 3D TV with the glasses.  I have a LG smart TV that understands the .mpo file format, so all I have to do is put my photos on a USB stick, or use a SD card reader, and it can display them.  It’s very cool…  but now you’re back to something like the 1950s–1960s stereotype of the family vacation slideshow, and getting people to gather around and watch it, which is very uncool.

Great camera, arguably the best stereo camera ever.  It fits neatly in a pocket, is ready to take 3D snapshots anywhere, anytime.  It’s just the same problem that has always plagued stereo photography:  Now you’ve got these great stereograms, how do you share them and show them off?

tonybelding's gear list:tonybelding's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Ricoh GR II Sony RX10 IV Pentax Q7 Sony a7 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow