Nikon 200 f/2 VR II ?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
T O Shooter Forum Pro • Posts: 11,150
Re: Nikon 200 f/2 VR II ?

PerfectPoms wrote:

I'm surprised more people don't complain more about the weight of the 200 f2. I sold mine because I didn't use it often enough, and partially because I cursed the weight of that thing almost every time I picked it up.

Now I've got the 120-300 2.8, which is even heavier, and using that lens way too much during the first 20 hours I had it gave me a pinched nerve that left me incapacitated for 7 weeks, and resulted in me taking CBD oil in large amounts for the pain, which I think is what damaged the sight in one of my eyes - and sadly, the eye I used to look through my viewfinder

Better if you gave that lens to me, before it kills you. Hardly worth the risk.

I'm a little better now, and took 2,700 photos with that too heavy 120-300 2.8 lens yesterday, hand held. But I'm getting fewer keepers because I can't see well enough through the viewfinder to be sure the image is in focus enough before I click.

-- hide signature --

A Canon G5 and a bit of Nikon gear.
---------------------------
All cameras are so good nowadays, that the good stuff is kinda "given" or "expected". It is the limitations that get to you when you use them in real world situations. Windsurfer LA

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Nikon D4S Nikon D500 Nikon D850 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow