Torn between Canon and Sony (Black Friday/week deals)

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JasonDR Junior Member • Posts: 29
Torn between Canon and Sony (Black Friday/week deals)

The Canon eos r and Sony a7iii are on sale where i live right now, and i am torn between them for different reasons.

I did a lot of research on Sony and i was set on buying the A7iii , the plan was to get  two budget lens as new fullframe shooter. I was going to buy Tamron 28-75mm ($630 ) and Samyang/rokinon 85mm(600$) , which looked like the perfect the deal to me considering the great IQ and price for these two lens.

But then i went to the store and held a Canon EOS R , the feeling of the grip and over all ergonomics just complete blew me away. I guess once you hold canon in your hand its hard to want pick up a Sony again. But then i looked at lens options for EOS R which is 2x or 3x the prices of my lens budget. This really sucks and is keeping me away from Canon.

I understand RF lens are new and expensive but damn those prices are even higher than some of Sony GM lenses and zeiss. I looked at EF lens but i am just lost there , i have no what what i could get and if EF adapter would work well with those EF lens.

Atm, i am leaning towards Sony just because of the lens options and not having to fear adapter issues. The canon 24-105 ii with its f4  and its price ($1300) doesn't sounds as appealing as Tamron 28-75 mm at f 2.8 and half the price of the canon.

What are your recommendations, which options do i have on the canon side for around 1.5K $ ? I would like a great walk around zoom and one portrait lens for that price, i fear i am asking much lol .

Tomorrow, cyber Monday , is the last sale day.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow