That's Italian C&C

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mfinley
mfinley Senior Member • Posts: 4,616
That's Italian C&C

Italy is one of those places to me that is ripe with iconography. There are so many 'now that's Italian!' images that strike me when you're there that it's one of my most favorite places to visit and especially to create images. I came across this scene prowling the quiet back streets of Lovere last year and it struck me as there was a photograph to be made that would speak to me of what I like about Italy.

In Milan Italian fashion is as up to date as it can be, trendsetting and cutting edge. In Maranello they build Ferraris, powerful, shiny and gleamingly new. But in the back streets of Italy, you can find doorways made from olive trees that somebodies great, great grandfather made, peeling stucco and representations of less expensive modes of transportation. These are the things I like in Italy and say 'that's Italian!' to me.

Feel free to C&C and edits are okay. I will post the original if anyone wants to explore their version.

-- hide signature --
 mfinley's gear list:mfinley's gear list
Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow