calling all photographers

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
rurikw
rurikw Veteran Member • Posts: 3,231
Re: calling all photographers

colin pithers wrote:

do you find your wish list forever growing

not much but it's been way beyond my means for decades.

be it additional cameras tripods or all those add on,s you can buy

the nice thing about little add-ons is that they are often affordable and ease the ache for that super duper camera/lens for a while. I try to remind myself of all the things I still have to learn about/with my present gear.

do you go all out and buy it or do you buy based on the amount of use it would get

I can't afford 'going all out'. Except for film gear (but I'll get there eventually if I stay healthy) all my stuff does get some use so I guess I've been somewhat successful with the latter.

lets also take into account the price factor

That's the main determinant for me. In a way it makes life easier despite occasional (mild) frustration. I try to remind myself that in the big picture I'm incredibly privileged. Also, I'm an amateur who's gotten some paid assignments and since my gear was up to those, do I have anything to complain about? + seeing the great work some can do with similar or lesser gear puts one back on track.

rurikw's gear list:rurikw's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill +28 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow