Best "2 Lens" travel setup for Sony A7C

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
travelinbri_74
travelinbri_74 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,344
Re: Best "2 Lens" travel setup for Sony A7C

David_KG wrote:

somersetlad wrote:

I do wonder if the 28 - 60 suffers a little from the 'kit lens' name - OK its not a Zeiss or a GM - but I find it not too shabby at all. I got the A7C 4 weeks ago now with the 28-60 (feels like it hasnt stopped raining since) - and very glad I did - it is just so easy to pick up this camera with that lens on. I keep meaning to try the 28-60 on my A7RIII - but pick up the A7C ! OK its is slow, its not a bokeh lens - but otherwise I dont worry about pushing the ISO a bit with this sensor.

I havent got really sorted myself yet but am thinking a lot about revising my lenses now with the addition of the A7C, I have picked up the Tam 17-28 and it goes out with the 28-60 - but I tend to use wide more than long in what I do. If I want faster I can chuck in the Samyang 45 1.8 - it weighs next to nothing.

There are some great ideas here on this thread.

These are only test shots in mostly crappy weather but unless title or exif says otherwise (Contax or Summicron) they are with the 28-60. There are more on the 'Devon' gallery - the last 6 I think.

Good luck and have fun.

https://bekynton.smugmug.com/A7C-test-shots/

Interesting perspective.

I included the 28-60 in my A7C purchase, exclusively because of the size. It's very compact, and almost (not quite) can make the camera into more of a point and shoot, put in your pocket type of camera.

I have seen Dustin Abbot's review of the 28-60 and he says mostly good things about it (sharpness) given its constraints, but even know, I'm cross shopping other lenses on the impression that it is not a "good" lens.

I think I have ready too many forum posts and watched too many youtube videos, which all worship at the alter of f1.4 or f1.8 or f2.8 lenses as being "the best", or constant aperture being a must for zoom lenses.

I may just need to go out and shoot with it myself for a while.

Thoughts after the first week of shooting?

-- hide signature --
 travelinbri_74's gear list:travelinbri_74's gear list
Ricoh GR III Sony a7R III Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Tamron 17-28mm F2.8 Di III RXD +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow