Which Camera to buy for erotic photography?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
bobn2
bobn2 Forum Pro • Posts: 67,449
Re: Which Camera to buy for erotic photography?

Fetishjames wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

Fetishjames wrote:

Hello, i want to invest up to 350 dollars to buy a digital camera for erotic - fetish projects, i also need to control it through my mobilephone (self photographs with timer), which camera do you suggest to buy? Should i go with a dslr or a good compact camera does the job for an amateur like me? I am not a professional photographer, i am an artist that wants to experiment with photography, thanks!

I wouldn't think that the requirements are different from any other branch of photographing people. So, the same questions apply to this as would apply to any other. Are the photos for your own use, or do you want to distribute through some channel? If the latter, what are the quality requirements of that channel?

What lighting will you be using? Will you be shooting individuals, small or large groups? Are you doing just stills or do you want to do video?

What would be a good choice depends on the answer to those questions. For many, a good compact would be fine, for others an interchangeable lens camera would be better.

With respect to you control from a mobile phone, many camera brands offer apps the do it, you need to look for cameras that have WiFi or Bluetooth build-in.

One more hint, if you do produce photos, don't post them here, this site is quite sensitive about that genre, and you'll likely be banned.

Thank you very much for your answer! I am an amateur photographer so i don't think i will use a light to invest more money, i want to shoot with day light which is plenty where i live. I wont sell or distribute these photos, they will be used as a personal portfolio,i forgot to mention that the distance is a problem, what camera would you suggest for these kind of photographs from 1-3 meters distance?

If it's personal use, then the question is what are your own standards. It think the best bet might be one of the 1" compact cameras, things like the Panasonic TZ100 or TZ200 (they have lots of different names in different markets), the various models of the Sony RX100, the Canon G5X and the like. These are all quite similar cameras with a zoom range that is useful indoors, reasonable low light performance, can produce good output quality and aren't so large so as to be overly painful. They will all focus down to 1m distance. I have a version of the Panasonic TZ100, it has built-in WiFi and can be controlled form your phone using the Panasonic app.

-- hide signature --

Is it always wrong
for one to have the hots for
Comrade Kim Yo Jong?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow