Canon 7D Mark II or 90D for Bird Photography

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Cavig1 Contributing Member • Posts: 587
Re: Canon 7D Mark II or 90D for Bird Photography

I shoot handheld and with long heavy lenses.  So I don’t use Live View.  But I’ve used a 7Dii with a Sigma 150-600 C and have been extremely satisfied with the results.  We’re probably talking 200,000 shutter actuations.  I’ve used the 70D and 80D prior and the 7Dii performs quite a bit better in just about every category.  Because of this I never bought a 90D.  I’d still be shooting that lens with a 7Diii but we all know how that story ends.

I recently sold the Sigma C to a photographer that uses a 90D.  I feel so strongly about the 7Dii that I asked her to take my 7Dii home with her and spend some time using it versus the 90D.  I’m almost positive that if she spends some time with it she’ll want to buy it.  
Pretty much all of the Canon bird shooters I know had the 7Dii.  They’re now using their 600mm primes on the R5.

So I agree with the previous respondents.  I can’t say enough good things about this camera.

Good light and good shooting 😊

Cavig

Cavig1's gear list:Cavig1's gear list
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS 70D Sony a6000 Canon EOS 7D Mark II +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow