RX1Rii users: does the ZX1 look like an upgrade?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Digital Nigel Forum Pro • Posts: 13,209
Re: RX1Rii users: does the ZX1 look like an upgrade?

JDLaing50 wrote:

Digital Nigel wrote:

tbcass wrote:

JDLaing50 wrote:

Digital Nigel wrote:

JDLaing50 wrote:

I’m curious why you think a camera from a different manufacturer would be an upgrade for a Sony camera.

Why not? It's a newer, more expensive model in exactly the same niche. They even both have Zeiss-branded lenses with the same spec.

I bought a Sony RX10M3 as an upgrade on my Panasonic FZ1000, and an RX100M6 as an upgrade on my Panasonic TZ100 I bought a Canon G7X as an upgrade on my RX100.

It’s just flat not a Sony camera. A whole different approach. The lens is not the same spec. It was developed to match the Zeiss in house developed sensor. The Sony RXIRIII is a rehashed lens from the earlier cameras. I’ve used both and there is no comparison.

A camera does not need to have anything in common with another camera to be an upgrade. I am defining upgrade to mean any product that is superior to another.

I wonder who actually makes the ZX1? As with the 'Zeiss' lens on the RX1, it's unlikely to be Zeiss itself. It will be interesting if any reviews mention the country of manufacture. And I wonder if Sony makes the sensor?

Zeiss makes it. It’s an in house Zeiss designed sensor.

Made by Sony?

Designed in Germany assembled in China.

That reduces its value compared to actually making it in Germany.

Digital Nigel's gear list:Digital Nigel's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 III +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow