Low light performance

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
paltu1970 New Member • Posts: 15
Re: Low light performance

My view based on usage of Sony FF and APSC + Nikon FF + APSC and Fujifilm xt30. Unless weight is a big issue FF is way better than APSC in almost all circumstances. You can play with your raw images much better in full frame and output under low light will always please you and appreciate the time save in taking pictures.

I use APSC as it is more convenient to carry always even at family trips without being noticed by others.

I personally tested Nikon D750 and Nikon D500 in variety of situations for 3 years and except a little advantage of autofocus, D750 FF always took better picture than D500. When D500 was prevailing in the market by mistake I carried D750 for a birding trip where light was very bad and most of my fellow birders were using D500. End of the trip when we were collating the pictures for publication in our magazine 80% of the pictures were mine as selected by the editors from all. Everybody was asking how did I got such beautiful pictures throughout bad light of the trip. I too was astonished by the magic of FF and my mistake tuned into success at the end.

Except weight bigger the censor better the picture and easier to take photo, whatever artificial intelligence is used the convention wins.

paltu1970's gear list:paltu1970's gear list
Nikon Z5
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow