Z6 Max Continuous Release - doesn't work with electronic shutter?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP topg Forum Member • Posts: 67
Re: Z6 Max Continuous Release - doesn't work with electronic shutter?

skyrunr wrote:

Sorry, I was confusing FPS for continuous, but I remembered reading something similar.

It sounds like the silent photography "un-limit" is overriding the shutter type settings.

...and page 357 "there is no limit to the number of photos that can be taken in a single burst, regardless of the option chosen from Custom Setting d2."

PS I REALLY HATE that Nikon's PDF manual blocks copy/paste. I usually make spreadsheets of the menus from them. There are always workarounds. Just rude of them really...

OK, thanks, so now I've tracked down your quote: it's on p.357 of the Z6ii reference manual and on p.391, but there's no mention of it in the Z7/6 reference manual. As per title, I have the Z6.

Z7/6 reference manual p.263 about setting d2: "Note that regardless of the option selected, there is no limit to the number of photos that can be taken in a single burst when a shutter speed of 1 s or slower is selected in mode S or M."

Wording changed in the Z6ii reference manual p.391 to: "Note that regardless of the option selected, there is no limit to the number of photos that can be taken in a single burst during silent photography or when a shutter speed of 1 s or slower is selected in mode S or M."

It solves the mystery somewhat, as obviously Nikon felt it necessary to clarify for the Z6ii, although the same behaviour is evident in the Z6 (and Z7 too it appears).

What isn't clear now is why Nikon chose not to implement the limit for ES - they don't give any reason. It doesn't really make sense.

Edit: perhaps Nikon considers the max continuous release number to be a limitation that they're happy to remove for ES usage. But I just see it as a way of controlling my bursts that's missing for silent photography. What they should do is add a 'No limit' option when ES is enabled, but when a number is given instead this should be honoured.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow