Juvenile Swan Flight Training

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 17,609
Juvenile Swan Flight Training

Every fall I get to see the adult swans teach there offspring how to fly at Oakland Lake here in New York City. This year one signet out of three made it. The teaching process begins with the adults demonstrating how to fly to the signet(s). After a while the young start to follow the example of there parents.

The lake is about 1/4 mile long and I was on the south shore in the middle between some shrubs using them as a blind so the fowl would swim near me. I heard the sound of the swan's wings slapping the water and quickly turned and caught a good part of the three swans flights. There were a few times when my view was obstructed yet I kept panning and they reappeared already in focus as I have my X-T3 set up to do this.

-1 A moment after blastoff

-2 The adults take to the air leaving the juvenile running on water behind them

-3 They pass a willow tree providing a pretty background and reflection

-4 The adults pass me

-6 The juvenile reaches me still running on water

-7 Tired, the young swan shuts down

-8 and comes to a stop

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm +11 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow