Z6 Max Continuous Release - doesn't work with electronic shutter?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
24Peter
24Peter Veteran Member • Posts: 4,586
Re: Z6 Max Continuous Release - doesn't work with electronic shutter?

topg wrote:

On my Z6, setting d2: Max. Continuous Release should limit the number of shots taken in a single burst, but this only seems to work with the mechanical shutter. While in silent shooting mode with otherwise identical settings, bursts just continue past this max limit without stopping.

Can someone verify? Is this a bug or expected feature?

I'm not sure about the ES issue, but p 263 of the Manual specifies that when the SS exceeds 1 sec in S or M mode then the Max Cont Release number you selected is overwritten and the camera goes indefinitely. Maybe that's your issue?

Personally, I wish Nikon gave the option for infinite continuous shutter releases at any shutter speed. Coming from Canon which has no such limitations, this infinite release is helpful for star trails and storm chasing. But since those exposures tend to be longer than 4 sec, the limit can be circumvented on the Z's. On my D850 if I recall correctly there was a 200 max continuous release regardless of SS which was a PITA.

So... OP if your shutter is beyond 1 sec that may be your problem since it sounds like you're the opposite of me: you want a hard limit no matter what.

24Peter's gear list:24Peter's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z50
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow