Returned my X-S10 :(

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
thedanj
thedanj Regular Member • Posts: 454
Returned my X-S10 :(

Well, I returned my X-S10.

Ergonomically, I loved it. The grip was really useful, the dials worked for me, and I liked the joystick. I loved the compact size. But the IQ was not where I need it to be.

Coming from the X-T20, I expected a slight upgrade in IQ, but the images on this camera were noticeably softer. I shoot almost exclusively portraits, and the eyes were not crisp, which is the one place portraits absolutely must be sharp when someone is paying you. I tried everything: IBIS both on and off, different shutter speeds, changing the size of the focus point, eye AF both on and off, different AF modes. Consistent softness. The only thing I did not do was put both cameras on a tripod and compare, but I don’t typically shoot on a tripod, and the camera has to work for the way I will be using it. Plus, with the high shutter speeds I typically use, there should be no issue. My X-T20 is very good at the same settings.

I realize this is not a very helpful post because I haven’t included image samples. But I am not really asking if there was an issue with my camera because there clearly was. I guess I am posting to see if any other X-S10 owners are having similar issues with soft images because if it was just that particular body that had problems, I will likely buy another one and try again because I really like it ergonomically. Otherwise I may go with an X-T30.

thedanj's gear list:thedanj's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R
Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow