Best lens for a Sony a6400 Mirrorless ????

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Handsome90 Contributing Member • Posts: 584
Re: Is your lens really broken?

The Von-ographer wrote:

Leonard Migliore wrote:

The Von-ographer wrote:

Hi, I have a Sony a6400 mirrorless (E or FE mount) and on my trip to Uluru last week I noticed a black dot ( a chip/scratch) is on all of my pics. I can photoshop them out but it time to replace the lens. I broke the 18-55mm lens that came with the camera. Its ok, but i want a more professional lens but my max budget is $1200 AUD ($1000 US).

The dot on your pictures is almost certainly not from your lens. It is most probably dirt on your sensor. You can check for this by taking 2 pictures, one with the lens wide open and one with the lens at f/16. If you have dirt on your sensor, the dot will be much more visible at f/16. Dirt can be removed either by you (with a sensor cleaning kit) or by others (for money).

Is this what you're referring to when you say "I broke the 18-55 lens"? Or did you actually break the lens, like by dropping it on a rock?

Thanks.. I took a few pics at different zoom and yes.. there were 2 spots.. so I cleaned the back on my 18-55mm lens and no different. I blew into the camera itself and now i only have 1 dot! So i think you maybe correct Ive gotten some dust/dirt stuck in there from Uluru..... Will look into buying a cleaning product to clean inside teh camera sensor.

I had seen a mark on the front of my lens... but after what you wrote and went and cleaned the front properly and it was a bit of tough grit when i rubbed harder etc..

What a novice! Never had that happen before..... and i wa so looking forward to getting another new lens! hahahahahha Might investigate the 2nd hand market instead now....

Thanks

Phew, Good to hear it’s not broken!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow