Sony should provide clarity about LA-EA5 ASAP

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Qqphot Regular Member • Posts: 150
Re: Sony should provide clarity about LA-EA5 ASAP

Kiril Karaatanasov wrote:

Qqphot wrote:

Probably not a big deal for most people, but fwiw gaining LA-EA5 firmware compatibility appears to break compatibility with third-part AF adapters like Techart (for leica M) and Commlite (for Nikon). Maybe not a deliberate action by Sony, but still disappointing.

You mean A7R4 does not work with the Techart adapter?

Can you provide any pointer to such discussion. That is interesting. It may make me not update my A7C for some while.

Yes, after the September firmware update to v1.20 for a7r4 it no longer works with the TechArt adapter. It sort of tries to, it does move the lens in and out a bit, but it never focuses.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/64494200

I was only speculating that it was the la-ea5 compatibility changes that broke it, though, it could have been something else.

I used to always use the Techart plus the voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 VM mount lens because it's a fantastic combination but I can't anymore on the a7r4. It still works amazingly well on my r3 body, though, so I probably will just not apply any more upgrades to that body.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow