Lightroom: How to invert a range mask?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
mfinley
mfinley Senior Member • Posts: 4,815
Re: Lightroom: How to invert a range mask?

Henry Richardson wrote:

dj_paige wrote:

Henry Richardson wrote:

Ernie Misner wrote:

Henry Richardson wrote:

I am using the latest LrC 10.0. I can't find a way to invert a range mask. Is there a way?

I don't see anything specifically for the range mask feature for inverting there. What I am seeing is you can invert a selection made with the radial filter by ticking the "invert" box. And the range mask does work with the radial filter. No invert option for the brush or grad filter that I am finding.

I just checked and see that you are right that there is an invert option for the radial filter. It is very strange that it not available for the graduated filter also.

Make a feature request to Adobe. https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872

Okay, I just submitted a request. I find it very strange that they added an invert option for the radial filter range mask, but not the graduated filter and adjustment brush range masks. I hope they will add it to all 3.

Why would there be an invert to the graduated filter and the brush?

To invert the graduated filter just apply it to the opposite part of the image.

The brush is to paint an effect to a specific subject not to everything else but that subject. To do that you would apply a radial filter and then use the brush on erase mode to mask that subject out of the radial filter. That would be an inverse brush.

-- hide signature --
 mfinley's gear list:mfinley's gear list
Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow