Canon RF 24-105/F4 versus RF 24-240/F4-6.3?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ProDude Senior Member • Posts: 2,128
Re: Canon RF 24-105/F4 versus RF 24-240/F4-6.3?

Swerky wrote:

If you plan on keeping the lens for a long time, several years, I hear that superzooms don't age well. At least not as well as higher quality lenses. Can't know if it's the same for this lens with supposed newer architecture. I hear that the optical quality will degrade over time as there are a lot of elements in play. Not so for an L lens with moderate focal length range. It's a thing to at least take into consideration.

I couldn't disagree more. Longevity has nearly NOTHING to do with pure age. It has to do with EVERYTHING regarding how the lens has been treated. I had one Canon non L lens for over 20 years that remained in new perfect condition. If you're going to be banging it around at events and hiking and such then sure, that may be. I feel the build of the RF24-240 is solid as heck and I wouldn't be the least bit worried it will likely outlive me.

-- hide signature --

Name the gear and I've probably owned it and used it.

ProDude's gear list:ProDude's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Art Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow