Tamron Still Believes in APS-C

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Microprism Contributing Member • Posts: 865
Re: even @$999 Canon RP isn't as impressive as Fuji X-S10, Sony A6400, or Canon M6ii

R2D2 wrote:

dwfrommonterey wrote:

When it comes right down to it I actually enjoy shooting with the M6ii much more than with the R5. The whole system is so much smaller, lighter, and more portable.

What many pine for is an APS-C R5. Small, light, portable, thus, enjoyable. And $1000 rather than $4000. Known colloquially as the M5II.

Yeah, the M5ii is still not fulfilled. I’d buy one in a heartbeat.

I do not exaggerate when I say that the M6ii is darn close to the R5 in capability (IBIS notwithstanding). An M5ii (M6ii sibling) would certainly be considered a threat to the R Series, and that’s why we aren’t seeing one. Unfortunately.

R2

I planned to wait to see if a M5ii appeared, or whatever else Canon has up its sleeve, but the AKM supply disruption pushed me to buy the M6ii now. Because Canon does not announce models far in advance we may never know what this disaster will do to Canon's planning, but I think it is really bad news for everyone who hopes for a new camera model.

Received the M6ii today, by the way, and it is a lovely machine.

Microprism's gear list:Microprism's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow