Best lens for a Sony a6400 Mirrorless ????

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
The Von-ographer
OP The Von-ographer New Member • Posts: 21
Re: Best lens for a Sony a6400 Mirrorless ????

Autonerd wrote:

The answer depends on what you want to do with it. What type of photography do you do?

1. Portraits of kids/family. (want a good aperture range)
2. Pics of kids on MTB bikes doing jumps or riding on trails (loads of shadows) and kids at soccer games. (I already have an A mount/convertor for an old zoom lens which works fine)
3. Landscapes
4. Holiday snaps / beach pics

Im basically wanting to replace the 18 to 55mm I got a chip/scratch on last week whilst on holiday, but i want a better lens.... the reviews are the one i have thats damaged says its just a basic lens.... for beginners.. I want more.... I want a more professional grade lens. I do all my pictures for free for the kids club. So as I dont get paid I dont want to spend $2000 on a lens. I used to have a DLSR but i never took it as it was to heavy to carry around on holidays. (Went to India last year and left it in the hotel as it was annoying)

The Von-ographer's gear list:The Von-ographer's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony a6400 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow