For Those Who Ask... Which "Z" Should I Get?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Armando Bandero Junior Member • Posts: 47
Re: For Those Who Ask... Which "Z" Should I Get?

Stujomo wrote:

Armando Bandero wrote:

The quality of the lens DOES matter. Question: If you were shooting a sporting event (baseball, football, basketball), and you need a focal length of between 150 -200mm, which of the following lenses would you use:

• Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3
  • Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8

Which one do you think is going to give you better results?

If anyone chooses the Tamron, please share what you're smoking. I'd like to get high too!

Yes the lens quality does matter. The speed of the AF also matters for sports too. The 70-200 2.8 zooms also have the correct motors for fast AF to get the fast AF focus tracking you need the body that will do that, D500 or D5 maybe D850 or D7500 but not D3300.

Talking of 18-200 mine Nikon 18-200 was sharp enough on my D300. I really never expected it to be any good but it turned out to be a nice surprise.

Thank you for agreeing with me that the lens quality DOES matter. That is a beautiful picture, by the way. And you're right... sometimes you might get a nice surprise. It's rare, but it can happen.  Usually, it's more like... "you get what you pay for".

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow